The Volunteer Program of the UCM Library creates opportunities for individuals to feel personal satisfaction while performing a valuable service for the community/congregation; serves as a method for volunteers to become familiar with the library; and supplements the efforts of library staff.
Volunteer Program Mission Statement
The Union Church Library seeks to involve a diverse section of the community to provide, maintain, and enhance quality library services for its congregation and the public. The library volunteers will work closely with the Head Librarian as partners to attain the following:
- Continuous improvement of the quality of library services
- Facilitation of a positive working environment
- Service to others by supporting, preserving, and promoting free access to ideas and information.
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
- Being of service to your community
- Special “perks” offered by the library: Access to reading materials and the Internet, Meeting new people and making new friends, Free training and seminars, Great “get-together” parties, etc.